hf1

Allergic to bold?

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Allergic to bold?

Postby wytch » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:25 am

I swopped from persil small and mighty non bio liquid to bold 2 in 1. dd doesn't have a reaction on her cloths but does with her nappies. I normally do a 60 with prewash with a tablespoon and a bit bold and a tad white vinagar in the softener bit. then they go on 2 40 washes to get rid of the suds and a extra spin so there clean.

when i put a freash dry nappy off the air on her she was in it 1.5 did a poo and in the 5mins it took me to get all the stuff and lay her down she was screaming. and it was only even worse cleaning her up. It looks like I've scrubbed her bits with something nasty! shes been in sposies now which has helped and I put her back in cloth the other day just incase it was a one of and it it got worse.

so is there any thing else i can use or should i go back to the old stuff. I liked the nice smell and it did help keep them softer in my hard water. Is there any other softer thats clay based?
Last edited by wytch on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Allergic to bold?

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:00 am

I think bold is the only clay based powder. I would switch to a different powder (liquid is very bad for your machine), what about Ariel or Fairy. x

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:05 am

has anyone elses buba had a reaction to bold??

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:58 am

my dd came out in rashes which would have become sore. I stopped using it right away.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:03 am

Not so far. been using it for about a week now, on nappies and clothing and towels. Nothing there.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:41 am

Bella has that kind of reaction if we use Bio powder for her nappies - she's fine with her clothes being washed in Bio, but if her nappies are done in it, her bum is soooo red all the time :(

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:42 pm

thats like Alanna. Her clothes are fine in it but nappies as i found out are a no. so I've just strip washed every nappy, liner and wipe in my whole house. just finnished the last load and the washing machine stopped spinning which i think the belts gone :shock: just my luck :roll:

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:59 pm

We can't use bold either, makes DS sore too. Back to persil non-bio for us which works a treat.

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies