Aquados....

My avatar
sweetpea
Clothie
Clothie

Aquados....

Postby sweetpea » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi
I've been reading the thread and links on Bio v Non-Bio and am now totally baffled (doesn't take much these days :roll: )
Have been using Ecover as it isn't petro-chemical based but have become frustrated by the stains on my lovely totsbots.(L has the most runny bright yellow poo I've ever seen!). Tried Ariel bio and the stains came out but I'm guilt ridden! The link mentioned Aquados as an eco friendly alternative but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells it. Does anyone else use it or know who sells it?
Thanks
Claire
x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:09 pm

Claire, the UK is one of the few countries in the world that even sells bio so I wouldn't rack yourself with too much guilt hun!!!!! I've never used it in my life (I'm an Aussie living in France!! :lol: )

Sorry don't know about Aquados - never even heard of it - let us know if you find out more or find where to buy it!! :D

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:53 pm

did you mean non bio Tory?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:01 pm

HannahBanana wrote:did you mean non bio Tory?

:oops: :oops: um yes, must to bed me thinks!!! :roll: :oops: :oops:

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:06 pm

You can buy Aquados in Morrisons. They have had it on offer for £1.99 but normal price is £2.99 so still cheap.

I couldnt get it this time so ordered online.
I ordered 3 nonbio, 1bio and got dishwasher tablet free plus entered code ECOCLEAN and got another 10% off. i think total was £10 something.
Heres the link hun

*http://www.simplywashing.com/

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:54 pm

Kayleigh has eczema, and it flares up especially if her clothes aren't rinsed enough. Bio or non-bio make no difference to her skin. Due to the fact we are doing an extra wash in order to rinse the clothes and nappies after washing I figure I will exclusively use bio. Plus bio get the stains out much better than non-bio.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:13 pm

Non-bio just doesn't work for us. Nappies come out of the machine and still smell a bit dirty. I figure it's better to get them clean with a little bit of bio than have to rewash or use extra stain remover because stuff isn't clean.

My avatar
sweetpea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sweetpea » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:17 am

Hi
It's not the bio v non-bio that makes me feel guilty I think it's more the type of bio ie, most brands are petro-chemical based which is awful for marine life whereas Ecover and Aquados are plant based which is more neutral.
Thanks for the link - I have a morrisons nearby so will try them as well.
Claire
x

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies