hf1

Am I the only clothie who tumbles??!!

My avatar
sweetpea
Clothie
Clothie

Am I the only clothie who tumbles??!!

Postby sweetpea » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:55 pm

Do any of you ladies use your tumble dryer?
I wash daily and then tumble and although great for landfill awful in terms of energy.
If I do it this way though it's hassle free and with 3 young ones that's quite high on my priority list. If I wash every other day there just seems so many nappies to deal with that it just adds to the chinesse laundry home decorating style that I already have :lol:
Totsbots are great but so bulky that I don't think I could store days of bulky nappies plus dry them without having to buy loads more.
Any ideas?
What do you all do?
Claire
x

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:11 pm

I alternate between line drying, drying on the rack or tumble drier. With four chidren something has to give and I need the drier sometimes :D . I just hope all the recycling, nappies etc offsets the energy I use and I don't drive so that's my excuse :lol: :lol: The drier keeps nappies nice and soft too.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:05 pm

We don't have central heating, just a wood burner so when it is very cold in winter I find it difficult to get them dry in less than about 2 days!! I tend to hang them on the drying rack for the day or overnight (this gets them almost dry) then tumble them to finish them off. I now use almost only pockets in the day with hemp boosters like the Ella's House ones so they are only 2 layers to dry and microfibre which drys very quickly. The pockets them selves only take an hour or so to air dry. I bought a pack of Bright Bots terrys to help boost my collection last winter but don't think they are any good now he is a very wiggly toddler (not that I've tried!!!). Pockets are slim and quick drying as they all come apart!

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:34 pm

yes,
I too tumble dry whenever possible.
xxxxxxxxxxx
sukhi

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:37 pm

Yes I tumble dry. In this Northern Ireland even in the summer it rains most days. I work full time and David stays at home. It would be impossible to get him to ttake things off the line before the rain get them sopping again. I occasionally try to line dry stuff, but they need tumbled to finish them off. I dry wraps and the outers of pockets on racks by the radiators.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:50 pm

I tumble dry but sometimes I have enough radiator room if I haven't done loads of cloths washing and now the heating is on it actually dries mine real quick but we use pockets and they are quick dryers.

In the summer I line dry as much as possible but again depending on washing situation!!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:30 pm

I tumble all my nappies and inserts and hang dry my pockets and wraps!

I have 3 in nappies so my house would look like a nappy shop if I dried them all on maidens etc!!!!!! Plus I would need loooaaads more nappies!

jan x

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:58 pm

I tumble 2 parters and inserts, and hang the pockets and wraps on a rack in the utility, hard to keep up with all the washing otherwise :D

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:45 pm

Hi,

I use tumble. I d0 it 0n l0w f0r 40 mins 0r s0 and then hang 0n airer. I d0 this f0r 2 parts and hemp inserts. I als0 tumble my blueberry p0ckets f0r a spell as I find it keeps the pile nice and sm00th and the drier is 0n anyway!!!!

I have f0und that they dry quicker 0n airer n0w the heating is 0n but I tumble t0 keep them s0fter t00. I line dry in summer but still tumble a bit f0r the same reas0n.

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies