My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

soda crystals?

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:22 pm

Hi all,

I am thinking soda crystals have been mentioned before, but I can't find it,

So as soda crystals say they are good for removing grease etc sometimes I have put a little scoop in my nappywash and other times I don't. I think they have been mentioned to use to strip the nappies, and clean the washing machine empty, but what about long term use and the overall effect on the nappies.

Oh and I think Ben reacts to non bio washing powder on his nappies as that's the only thing different, but as I have so many going in, out, drying etc I haven't been keeping track of it properly, so bio for a week it is!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:16 am

Don't know about soda crystals, but Kayleigh reacts to both bio and non-bio. So we switched to using bio all the time, and make sure we so an extra short wash with no detergent after the main wash.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:05 am

Not sure of the effect of soda crystals on nappies but until I was using Ariel I used soda crystals every wash and it didn't kill the nappies...

I doesn't seem to matter if I use ariel or surcare on her nappies as long as I do an extra rinse cycle and another one if I see bubbles at the end of the rinse...
If there's a lot of bubbles I'll do a full extra wash no detergent as that seems to get them out better than extra rinse cycles...

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies