hf1

Smelly nappies - nothing works!

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Smelly nappies - nothing works!

Postby becky1978 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:19 pm

I'm at my wits end with Archie's nappies stinking. I have stripped them, stripped them and stripped them again, now I rinse on cold, wash on 60 with half a dose of Ariel, then rinse a couple of times on cold until no bubbles.....

.....they STILL stink, after about an hour the smell is akin to rotton cabbage and it's really embarrasing when out and about. Night nappies are the worst - he totally stinks int he morning :puke:

What can i do???

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Smelly nappies - nothing works!

Postby emmalala » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:20 pm

i was naughty, i rinsed the hell out of them and washed them a million times and then gave in and used comfort oure conditioner and now they smell lovely :oops:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:26 pm

I may well have to try it as it is really getting me down that I have to change him after an hour, and the nappy isn't even that wet (just a little bit of wee on them seems to make them honk)

I have literally tried all of the advice on here, including using white venegar and nothing at all is working.

Do you still find them absorbant then? I change him every 2 hours ish anyhow due to rash issues.

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:28 pm

oh no, maybe you should try changing your non bio? i found when using acheaper brand of non bio mynappies stunk when i changed to persil non bio powder they smell nice now :)

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:32 pm

erm, not really. still lasting up to 4 hours, they just smell better. :giggle:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:33 pm

I'm using Ariel Bio, dont think that's a cheapy? I switched from non bio on some advice I read on here that non bio could be the reason for the stink (plus his rashes) and I switched to ariel as I thought it was the best on the market?

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:33 pm

Emma, I'm so out of touch using conditioner - when do you put it in? :oops:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:34 pm

I used bold but ran out so now its daz. Oh and i just shove it in in the beginning :oops: but I think its before the rinse cycle

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:41 pm

becky1978 wrote:I'm using Ariel Bio, dont think that's a cheapy? I switched from non bio on some advice I read on here that non bio could be the reason for the stink (plus his rashes) and I switched to ariel as I thought it was the best on the market?

no i didnt mean thats cheap! i use that for washing in general. oh i dont know then :oops: my nappies dont smell so far after using non bio but well soon know!

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies