hf1

Nappies stink!!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Nappies stink!!

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Have stripped them so many times, switched detergents and even double washed and they still stink. :(

Its the lollipop micros.I havent noticed it with our other nappies, even night ones. Dont want to just give up on them as they really workfor us in all other ways.

Any ideas? :( :-?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Nappies stink!!

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:04 pm

What temp do you wash at? Do you do a cold rinse first?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:27 pm

I do 2 rinses before the wash, sometime even do a "quickwash" as well as a rinse before the main wash. I only wash at 40 most of the time, mostly because I use Coolababy pockets as well which can only do 40. Maybe I should keep the pocket outters seperate and do everything else at 60?
:-?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:56 pm

i do everything at 60c and i also use coolababies...i just chuck everything in at 60c (pockets, fitteds, wraps etc) if we wash at 40c we get stink :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:58 pm

I'd try washing everything at 60. MF is notoriously bad for retaining smells. :puke:.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:52 pm

I was having the same problems with our bamboo nappies, tried everything - then did a 60 degree wash with a full dose of powder and several rinses, now have yummy smelling nappies (only prob now is lo seems to be sensitive to bold! Ho hum!)

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 pm

OK thanks. Will go back to 60 washes. Thinking about it, I never used to get smells and used to wash at 60! :roll:

Thanks

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 am

Louise wrote: MF is notoriously bad for retaining smells. :puke:.

WSS, i dont use any MF at all and all my pockets are stuffed with bamboo and hemp...

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:43 pm

I used to only use bamboo and hemp. But I love fitteds and wool - but everything other than the micros goes so hard and crunchy! Didn't like it at all after a while. AND I like fitteds that fit both the girls really well, to save me taking seperate sets when we go out. The lollipop micros fit both of them really well, dry super quick, no inserts/boosters etc that go missing (I can never find the right booster for the right nappy otherwise :oops:) and under wool - they never leak. Can easily get 4 hours out of them and then I only change them because I don't want them to sit in the same nappy - there is usually absorbancy left. TBH I wouldn't be suprised if they lasted overnight under wool.

Although they are rubbish under PUL :roll: But we never use PUL anymore anyway!

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies