hf1

itti washing help!!!!!!!!

My avatar
lisa0476
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

itti washing help!!!!!!!!

Postby lisa0476 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:13 pm

well I only use itti (oh and 2 weenotions pockets) and have noticed a real bad smell from them once wee'd on :gaah: its a Bbit embaressing when out and about, My washing routine is this

rinse all nappies in cold water by hand before putting in bucket
twice a week I do a cold wash (30 with no detergent) then a 60 wash with detergent (atm using daz)
followed by another 30 degree wash with no detergent and lavender and tea tree in cond drawer

well i have also stripped the nappies ( wash and rince rince rince) but the still stink!!!!!!!! what am i doing wrong and how can i remedy this?????
HHHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: itti washing help!!!!!!!!

Postby toryuk » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:23 pm

Have you tried changing your washing powder? I was using Morrissons own non bio and it made my BG's stink!! Now I use Asda's and....lovely!

I know what you mean about it being embarrassing!! :hug:

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:33 pm

I use sainsbury's own washing tablets and then tumble dryer balls when I'm at the MIL, they don't smell the best but when I use the dryer balls they smell lovely...can't say I've ever had a problem with them smelling really bad :-?

My avatar
mamarozi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mamarozi » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:15 pm

I did have the same problem, but mine was solved with one 60deg wash with full dose of detergent, then 2 additional rinse cycles and another 60deg wash without the detergent. Since then I just do the cold rinse cyce first, then the 60deg wash with 1/3 of detergent and additional rinse cycle. I add one cup of white vinegar in the first cold rinse cycle.
This works for me.

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies