hf1

how many rinses ?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: how many rinses ?

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Our machine has 2 rinse settings (hotpoint), I always do the long one, then full wash at 60 and then 2 further rinses, if I do a strip was the 2 rinses is enough but I always do 3 just to be sure, it takes about 2.5 hours to do a nappy wash, I always do an extra spin at the end, takes hours of the drying time x

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:13 am

I have stripped my nappies twice in total. I did about 4 rinses and got bored :oops: Since I have been rinsing first, washing at 60 and rinsing after every wash I have never had a problem and never needed to strip again. I would definatley recommend switching to a 60 degree wash from 40. I used to think it fine but at the end of the day I would rather have nappies never smelling than deal with them when they do and my system seems to work. :wink:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:15 am

I usually do a cold wash for an hour, then a 40 wash with soap flakes and bio d for two hours (includes extra rinse), so mine is 3 hours I do a 60 wash every few washes,

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:02 am

My normal wash is a cold rinse (47 mins) and then a 60c wash (2hrs 14mins)...occasionally i add another cold rinse afterwards (another 47 mins)...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 am

OMG you guys do seriously long washes :shock: :shock: :shock: My understanding was that machines are pretty efficient these days and a 'normal' (as opposed to a quick wash that Steph mentioned) wash is fine! I've only ever done a cold rinse, an hour or so wash cycle and then another rinse.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:37 pm

clothmama wrote:OMG you guys do seriously long washes :shock: :shock: :shock: My understanding was that machines are pretty efficient these days and a 'normal' (as opposed to a quick wash that Steph mentioned) wash is fine! I've only ever done a cold rinse, an hour or so wash cycle and then another rinse.

The trouble with some of the 'efficient' machines like mine is that to make them seem more eco friendly they use less water meaning they need to wash for longer :x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Ahhhh see I have an older machine that doesnt' claim to be too eco and uses a decent amount of water!

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:44 pm

I also do a cold rinse, then a full wash on 60 then another cold rinse and an extra spin to help with drying time.

I strip about once every 6 weeks or so I guess, maybe a bit longer.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:55 pm

My 60 degree shortest wash takes 2 hours,one of the 60 ones takes 3!

PreviousNext

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies