hf1

Three ways to strip a nappy

My avatar
katherineeah1
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Three ways to strip a nappy

Postby katherineeah1 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:54 pm

fivefourfour wrote:Of course, it's all subjective, but many nappy manufacturors do specifically warn people from strip washing nappies in products that are not designed to be used with textiles. I wanted to give people that point of view, so everything is balanced.

When you say that, you mean vinegar and dishwasher tablets?

My avatar
Krissie+5
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Krissie+5 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:52 pm

Thank you. So helpful. I bought some preloved nappies that are ok but a tiny bit smelly. I will be trying the dishwasher method tomorrow and hoping for sunshine :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:47 am

Krissie+5 wrote:Thank you. So helpful. I bought some preloved nappies that are ok but a tiny bit smelly. I will be trying the dishwasher method tomorrow and hoping for sunshine :)

@Krissie+5 I'm not really convinced about using a dishwasher tablet being very good for the nappies to be honest. I'd first do a load with a full amount of powder then loads of rinses until there is no bubbles with a splash of white vinegar in the last rinse and then put out in the sun. This is much more gentle and in most cases is all you need to do. Honestly I'd try that then look at harsher methods if that hasnt' worked out for you :D

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies