hf1

Using tumble drier balls?

My avatar
Jandy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Jandy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:44 pm

I've found that tumbling at the beginning makes them softer than at the end. I use drier balls and I think that it makes them softer but as I don't dry anything totally I'm not sure if it does it any quicker.
Jane

My avatar
artiezoo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby artiezoo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:43 pm

I have the balls too and I'm sceptical as to whether they make a whole lot of difference, but I have them so I use them. They make a terrific racket (everyone knows when the tumble dryer is on).

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:02 pm

artiezoo wrote:I have the balls too and I'm sceptical as to whether they make a whole lot of difference, but I have them so I use them. They make a terrific racket (everyone knows when the tumble dryer is on).

Pretty much exactly what I think.

Having said that I've just been thinking and my drier used to take about 1 and 1/2 cycles (about 4 hours in total :shock: it's a condenser so not very efficient) to dry a full load of bamboozles but since getting the balls it takes just ( :lol: ) one cycle (about 3 hours)

They are EXTREMELY noisy though, especially if the load isn't particularly big.

My avatar
4timeslucky
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby 4timeslucky » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:35 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:They are EXTREMELY noisy though, especially if the load isn't particularly big.

I thought I'd probably get them but now maybe not as our dryer is v loud already :( so very limited as to times I can use it as it disturbs everybody!
Kath
x

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies