hf1

Is Bold 2-in-1 the same as Dash 2-in-1 in France??????????

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Is Bold 2-in-1 the same as Dash 2-in-1 in France??????????

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:10 pm

And how on earth do I work out if it is - I'm presuming no one will actually know the answer to my question!

Our water is pretty hard so all my lovely cloth nappies are not terribly soft, even the bamboo nappies get hard :roll: Would love to work out if it is the one I can use or not!!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:15 pm

do you want to compare ingrediants?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:22 pm

or are yours all in frnech...so who knows ifthey are the same!!!
mine is lavender and cammomile and has in it....
5-15% zeolites, anionic surfectants, oxygen based bleaching agents, <5% non-ionic surfactants, catatonic surfactants, phosphonates, polycarboxylates, soap, optical brighteners, enzymes, perfumes, citronellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional.......
better still, why not call the customer care line number and ask them?

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:38 pm

Tory I've done a little google search on French forum and they seem to think that dash 2-en-1 is no good. The other ones they advise to avoid are: Le Chat (poudre et liquide), Ecover, Etamyne du Lys,Skip Aloe Vera and soap nuts.

The ones they do recommand are:Maison Verte, Xtra (poudre), Lerutan, l'Arbre Vert.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:58 pm

Thanks Shevi, I'll have a look.

Gisele, thanks for that - I'd already discovered about most of the 'not to' ones from another cloth friend out here. TBH I've just been using OMO as it is one of the few that dh is not allergic to but liked the idea of using the bold 2-1!

ETA - didn't even realise you can get Ecover over here!!

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:24 pm

Looking on the french Proctor and Gamble website, it does look like a very similar logo so yeah I expect it's the same product.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Is Bold 2-in-1 the same as Dash 2-in-1 in France??????????

Postby rhead » Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

I was wondering about this too and not getting anywhere googling the two names, but I just tried "dash argile" (clay) and all the pages say the softener is clay-based, so looks like yes. It's on sale in one of the supermarkets this week, so as long as I can find a kind that isn't too offensively perfumed I think I'll give it a try!

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies