hf1

Help with washing

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Help with washing

Postby helenNt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:52 pm

I got my nappies out of the machine this morning and there was pooey bits stuck in the fibres of my fluffles and bg doublers. It didn't seem to affect the rest of the bg nappies and boosters just these.

I just don't know where I am going wrong with the washing or if anyone knows how I can these bits out. Tried soaking and using a tooth brush but still bits remaining.

Please help

Helen

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Help with washing

Postby Frances » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:04 pm

It happens occasionally, especially with velcro :puke: They might come out with the next wash. Using liners, and doing a cold rinse/prewash before washing particularly vile nappies really helps.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Frances wrote:It happens occasionally, especially with velcro :puke: They might come out with the next wash. Using liners, and doing a cold rinse/prewash before washing particularly vile nappies really helps.

wss i usually always do a cold rinse first.

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Thanks

I did a cold wash beforehand as my expensive machine doesn't seem to let you do just a rinse and then washed at 60 and I used fleece liners and got rid of excess beforehand.

I also put them back in with my white washing today and still have annoying bits on them. Guess will just have to keep throwing them back in.

I think this grainy poo happens when he has had weetabix or shreddies for breakfast so maybe just easier to avoid those.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:28 am

Can't help with the bitty bits, as a liner and cold rinse beforehand seem to take care of pooey nappies here. But Finn can't have weetabix or shreddies for that reason, those horrible speckly bits that are impossible to get off his bum never mind nappies. They also give him a bit of nappy rash, so we just avoid those cereals altogether.

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Glad to hear that it is not only my son who gets that sort of poo from eating those cereals. Might just avoid them in future as I am still trying to get the bits out of those nappies.

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby sportyminx » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:14 pm

Oh yes, weetabix poo :x a total nightmare to clean off LO's bum! I cannot give DD weetabix more than once and week and as a result she is still eating cow and gate toddler museli :roll:

Luckily never had it stuck to the nappies - are you using a fleece liner?

If so and still all these problems, then yes maybe best avoided! Shame though if he likes them!

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies