hf1

First time stripping nappies

My avatar
lisi
Clothie
Clothie

First time stripping nappies

Postby lisi » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:13 am

Hi, for the first time I've noticed a smell coming off my nappies when I dry them. Worse on fluffles, but slightly present on all my nappies. My friend suggested stripping them with Bicarb of soda - but I've just read loads of posts on stripping nappies and wonder if anyone would recommend one method over another. I'm pretty sure that the smell is from washing powder overuse - since we had our second baby my husband has taken over the laundry but I only found out this week he uses a full cup of persil!!!! Tempted to try dishwasher tablet!!!

Any advice welcomed...
Lis
xxx

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: First time stripping nappies

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:20 am

I think it is a case of experiment and see what works for you as everyone has a different way of doing it. I personally use soda crystals on a 60c wash and then rinse until there are no more bubbles. This is the first method I tried and it works so have no reason to try any of the others ways I have read.

So have a try and see what works for you. :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: First time stripping nappies

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:24 pm

:idea: I find soda crystals best as well for doing a whiffy strip, from time to time I do use a full dose of powder to strip. I do an extra 2 rises at the end of every wash cycle and always wash at 60 xx

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies