hf1

HELP! washing machine growling at me

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

HELP! washing machine growling at me

Postby smilinglou » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:43 am

Oh nooo I've just stuck the nappies on a prewash, everything going lovely and smoothly and then a strange rubbling growling noise came from the machine and F-10 is flashing at me, we've only just put the machine in but had it for over a year, the cycle just stops when this happens, have a load of soaked dirty nappies in there too, can anyone help? It's an Aquarius plus machine, was bought about 2.5 years ago :( :shock:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: HELP! washing machine growling at me

Postby 50ftQueenie » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:46 am

Have you accidentally washed a dog in there? :wink:

Could something have got stuck in the drum and jammed it? My genius DH washed a pair of converse with the laces in and one got stuck in the drum. Had to phone the man.....

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:50 am

that's why i got my extended cover....

found this

Hi my washing Machine is stopping a few minutes into its cycle with an F10 error. I have looked on the support sites and it is suggested that there is a problem with the intake or exhale of water from the machine. This is strange since the machine takes in water and will empty. Can you help?

i think ur coin catcher needs emptying. does ur machine have one, also there for catching fluff and stuff. usually a little thing u drain then unscrew hun.x

edited to add if it's blocked no water can drain out. happens with mine sometimes but i empty the coin catcher then restart it and it's usually fine. older machines sometimes have these internally which is a pita as u have to take the seal off round the door etc, but urs ain't old so it should be on the outside.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:22 am

Yep check your fluff filter - they should be emptied/checked regularly (every 6-8wks is when we check ours) as that's the first usual suspect...

IF however there is water in the machien stand by with towels and washing up bowl ;)

Also check the hose at the back that goes to the drain - if that's blocked it won't empty either...

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:53 am

Yup, check the fluff filter and water inlet/outlet as there might be something caught in any of these places.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:31 pm

thank you everyone, i did wonder if it's that especially as the outlet pipe wasnt pushed all the way into the white tubey thng under the sink like its meant to be, it did a wash with the nappies so dont know why it only did it for the prewash cycle, will read the instructions (the ones that dont say anything about f-10) to see how to check the filter thing if it happens again :roll:

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies