hf1

Grrrr

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Grrrr

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:51 pm

I dunno, I normally normally rinse twice cos I've always had bubbles left after one and I use less than 1/3rd the recommended powder amount and we have really hard water here but presumably we now have a bit of a build up

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:38 am

I'm loving ariel gel and surf small and mighty ATM. Gone right of bold recently and I think it is since they changed. We get too many bubbles with that now. Ariel gets my nappies whiter than I thought possible. I thought they were white but obviously they weren't :giggle:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:41 am

I thought you weren't supposed to use the gels though :-?

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:28 pm

I dont use powder at all.

I use either persil 2x concentrated liquid or surf small and mighty liquid. Im in a hard water area and am supposed to use 2 capfuls per wash for normal clothes (6kg drum) , i only use 1 cap as this is plenty & brings them out lovely and clean still which is great as it means i therefore get the amount of washes it says on the bottles and not half the amount like you usually do in a hard water area! :wink:

For nappy washes i use just under half a capful (less if im doing a smaller than normal nappy wash iygwim?) and then do 2 rinses at the end which is plenty.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:32 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:I thought you weren't supposed to use the gels though :-?

Using liquid/gel alone is bad for your machine -

Washing with liquid only will cause a build up of foul smelling scum inside the machine over time which can also rot through the aluminum drum spiders, not nice and not cheap to fix, as well as other issues.

Personally I don't like using it so only use powder. Our water is very hard so I use a full dose of Bold 2in1 and rinse several times and have never had any problems with it.

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies