hf1

I had to share

My avatar
Orchid
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

I had to share

Postby Orchid » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Well the first time I thought it was a fluke but it has happened twice! Sparkling clean nappies! :wine: Ds did a bf runny poo in his lovely new nappy and so I decided instead of soaking I would run the nappies through a cold wash with baking soda in the detergent drawer. I then washed them at 60 degrees with one tab of simply sensitive and there were no stains! I have tried bold 2 in1, ariel bio powder and fairy non bio and got stains with all especially on my cheeky wipes. I have done this twice and had sparkling clean nappies both times. Wonder if it's the baking soda or simply?

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: I had to share

Postby nappynutter » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Orchid wrote:Well the first time I thought it was a fluke but it has happened twice! Sparkling clean nappies! :wine: Ds did a bf runny poo in his lovely new nappy and so I decided instead of soaking I would run the nappies through a cold wash with baking soda in the detergent drawer. I then washed them at 60 degrees with one tab of simply sensitive and there were no stains! I have tried bold 2 in1, ariel bio powder and fairy non bio and got stains with all especially on my cheeky wipes. I have done this twice and had sparkling clean nappies both times. Wonder if it's the baking soda or simply?

I use Simply Pure and love it. I've never had a stained nappy either. I do a cold rinse (nothing added) and then wash at 40ºC. :D

And people keep asking me the secret to my beautiful nappies. :hohoho:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:40 pm

You've convinced me I think..... I am off to investigate.

ETA: You've been telling too many people! They're out of stock!

My avatar
Orchid
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Orchid » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Yes they're sold out on the website but I got mine from asda. I think other supermarkets stock it too. I was having to use vanish on my cheeky wipes and trying to sun my nappies but the machine did it all. I bought it on Morag's recommendation and I am not disappointed. It's amazing!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:48 pm

We've been using the simply stuff for ages.i got 4 boxes of 12 pots as it was 4 for 3 on the website!lasted us from when nathan was born til he was about 7 months.we get stains but from food on wipes mainly rather than poo.nappies are fine.
We get ours from sainsburys now.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies