hf1

Ariel Liquid and a nappy nightmare!

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Ariel Liquid and a nappy nightmare!

Postby emmavmorgan » Mon May 17, 2010 9:46 am

I have been having terrible problems with really stinky nappies to the point where I bought my first ever pack of disposables last week. I tried a normal strip wash, soaking in vinegar solution, the dishwasher tablet strip wash, soaking in Napi-san and nothing stopped them stinking :x About a month ago I couldn't get any ariel powder so just got the liquid instead (we live on a very small island and we run out of strange things!) thinking nothing of it I have just been using it on everything. It suddenly dawned on me this morning that I have only been having the problem since I stared with the liquid :shock: I bought a packet of my normal Ariel first thing this morning and have washed them at 60 and rinsed them clean and now no smell :D It just goes to show the difference between the powder and liquid :-? has anyone else come across this problem? :roll:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Ariel Liquid and a nappy nightmare!

Postby megansmummy » Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 am

I avoid washing liqiud like the plague...awful stuff! glad you got it sorted!! :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon May 17, 2010 9:58 am

Washing liquid is notorious for causing stinky nappies. It is also very bad for washing machines if that is all you use. I have only ever and will only ever use washing powder.

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mummyme » Wed May 19, 2010 8:27 pm

now i didnt no this . I was using liqued as it was on offer a few week ago and had the same prob

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed May 19, 2010 9:36 pm

mummyme wrote:now i didnt no this . I was using liqued as it was on offer a few week ago and had the same prob

Have a quick read of the sticky threads - that explains it... :hug:

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:39 pm

weird, im using ariel actilift gel,have been for the last couple of months & have had no problems at all, nappys are cleaner than ever, smell better & emmys bum is rash free.
with powders i always had stinky nappys & kept getting nappy rash on & off-didnt matter which powder i used.
i guess it just works for us.

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:44 pm

I think the gels are very different to the liquids.....I've never been able to use them as I used to get stinky nappies, horrid smelling clothes and a rotten smelling washing machine! If I stick to powders, all is well :)

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies