hf1

Medicine Stains

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Medicine Stains

Postby monsterm » Fri May 21, 2010 11:10 am

Amelie has an ear infection at the moment & is taking that yellow anti-biotic & calpol. She filled her nappy just over half an hour ago so I changed her but didn't rinse the nappy straight away. Went to do it a few minutes ago & her nappy is turning green (I imagine from the anti-biotic) Anything I can do to stop it staining? I've rinsed it well. Should I soak it?

Thanks

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Medicine Stains

Postby rhiannon » Thu May 27, 2010 9:30 am

No idea but calpol turned a couple of my pockets black and I've never got it out, shame.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu May 27, 2010 9:31 am

rhiannon wrote:No idea but calpol turned a couple of my pockets black and I've never got it out, shame.

Same :( You can sun it to death and it might fade a bit, but other wise I dont think there's anything you can do. Might be wrong thou!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu May 27, 2010 9:50 am

This stain was a green colour from that yellow anti-biotic. I soaked it until the wash & it came straight out :wine:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu May 27, 2010 9:51 am

monsterm wrote:This stain was a green colour from that yellow anti-biotic. I soaked it until the wash & it came straight out :wine:

:wine: :wine: :wine:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 27, 2010 9:58 am

I do wonder why they bother putting colourings in medicines like that...
My children couldn't care less what colour a medicine is :roll:
Though I guess it's to help the pharmacist identify it and make sure they're not giving out the wrong one though I don't know much about this...

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies