hf1

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH HELP ME!!!!!

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH HELP ME!!!!!

Postby Ruth » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:49 pm

Well I am fearing for my new swaddlebees!!! Maybe not the best time to have tried to do a whole day in cloth!!!! As I said in general chat Jack has been poorly with gastroenteritis since saturday night. He seemed so much better this morning and all my nappies were ready and waiting to go!!!! Well we've had a little trip out this morning and his swaddlebee was holding up well! Got him home and he has just filled his nappy with the worst smelling, watery, yellowey diarrhoea I have ever seen or smelt - so sorry to be graphic :( I do not know what to do with the nappy!!!!! It is gross, in fact beyond gross - I tried to shake it off in to the toilet, but can not really shake it off, tried to wipe it off but I just gagged and gagged and I am not really a squeamish person so poo never bothered me in connection with cloth nappies but this is disgusting! I have left it in a nappy bag as I do not want to put it in my nappy bin, it needs washing asap and am just waiting for a cycle to finish. Now what do I do? Put it in on rinse? With all the poo on it? Won't that make the washing machine grim? Will it come out? What temp do I wash it on to kill all the germs?!?!?! Help please!!!! :?

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:04 pm

Oh no Ruth, not a good start for you :shock:

If it were me, I would rinse it out in the sink (if you can stand to) - maybe if you have a sink in your garage/utility room? I used to rinse all Matthew's pooey nappies in the sink when he was a newborn with runny poo - I just stuck some bleach down the sink afterwards. It was fine, didn't bother me at all, but I suppose newborn poo isn't as smelly.

I would then put it in the wash with your other nappies, cold prewash, then wash at 60 (to make sure absolutely no germs if he's been suffering with a wee bug)

HTH

Joanne

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:07 pm

Ruth, don't panic hun!! :D Your nappy will be ok! Did you have a fleece liner in it that may have caught some of the explosion? I would personally rinse it (anppy and liner)as best I could under the shower (put a bucket underneath so you can chuck the water down the loo if you like or disinfect after) or in the sink if you don't have a shower, rinse in cold water then put it in the washer on 60 degrees. If you have rinsed it all out then there is no reason not to wash the other nappies at the same time. 60 kills most things. Do you have any tea tree oil? if so put 4 drops of that in as it is a diinfectant. Also if the staining looks bad even after rinsing then I found a spray of vanish doesn't do any harm occasionally, if he has sensitive skin you could give the load an extra rinse after.

Good luck

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:08 pm

ooooww crssed post joanne!! good thing we agree :lol: :lol:

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:17 pm

Thanks for your fast responses!!! I will give it a good rinse in the manky sink in the utility room I think and then whack some bleach down. It's not put me off - he's got another one on now. No liners though :cry: Not sure whether to go and get some later - nearby shop sells some paper bambino mio ones - what do you think? Or is paper pants :D You know what I mean!! Great site btw Tory I love it!!!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:49 pm

I'd be tempted to use paper perhaps while he has a bug but generally we all prefer fleece (as in polyester 'polar' fleece), jsut get a cheap blanket (ikea or pound shop) or an old jumper or something and cut it into hourglass type shape (or rectangle if you can't be bothered!!) based on your nappies (deosn't need to go over all the wings thoguh) if not you can buy cute fleece at some of the online stores eg weenotions and babeco. Can't remember what other nappies you have but the swaddlebees may need a different shaped liner than tots bots, I know I can't use my bigger liners in them, I use my old small ones. hths

:D :D Glad you like the site, its great to have you on here and 'converted'!! :D

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:04 pm

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!! :shock: One clean nappy has just come out of the machine!!!! :o Thank god! I never thought that would come out!! Haha!!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:21 pm

PLEASE don't buy bambino mio paper liners... If Jack's got sensitive skin at all (sounds like he might have from other posts) thrn he'll probably react to them with horrible rash...

sry typing 1handed...

Plus they're really scratchy!!

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies