hf1

how many nappies do you wash at a time?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: how many nappies do you wash at a time?

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:01 pm

Well don't forget smaller nappies take up less space Tory :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Well don't forget smaller nappies take up less space Tory :)

Oh yeah doh :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:07 pm

clothmama wrote:I'm wondering if I've got liek a small 4kg machine or something, my nappy bucket fits exactly the right amount and I think its about 12-15 nappies depending on bulk, this is 2.5 days I think :? Don't know much do I!! :lol: :lol:

I'm the same, I wash at the end of the second day so that its ready to use again in the morning (use the tumble dryer :oops: ) but that is the amount that fits into my bucket... so i'm guessing between 10-12 nappies but we have a really stupidly small washer so couldnt wait another day either and i tend to add cloth bibs :roll:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:10 pm

Oh yeah, teatowels, bibs and wipes get chucked in too...

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:27 pm

Maybe it will change, but I fit in 2 nappy buckets worth (the white size you get with little lambs) and can then squeeze more into. I wait for the third day if just Ben, or the 2nd day depending on how many nappies have been used by other kids.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:35 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:Maybe it will change, but I fit in 2 nappy buckets worth (the white size you get with little lambs) and can then squeeze more into. I wait for the third day if just Ben, or the 2nd day depending on how many nappies have been used by other kids.

Are many of your minded ones still in nappies Annette?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:06 pm

babyroo wrote:Are many of your minded ones still in nappies Annette?

the 2 toddlers are, so that is quite a lot of nappies, but 1 is nearly pt, so I am keeping her in disps most of the time as its only 1 wet and poo nappy between 9 and 5 at the moment, but then I change my mind and change them more often anyway, so its 4 to 6 extra nappies somedays!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:16 pm

2 lots of nappies washed every other evening. So I guess about 24 ish plus assorted wipes, bibs, muslins....... It's a 7kg washer and it's always full but I guess that does include 4 night nappies. I have more than enough nappies to last at least another day but I wouldn't get them all in the machine. :-D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Well I did the nappy wash tonight so I counted!! :lol: I washed 17 nappies including prefolds and night nappies, then added teatowels, wipes, cloth bibs and her PJs that she'd poo'd on (emergency night nappy, used a blueberry!)

PreviousNext

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies