hf1

and if the sun doesn't work?

My avatar
emuk00
Clothie
Clothie

and if the sun doesn't work?

Postby emuk00 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:17 am

I wash heavily soiled nappies on a 60 with my normal detergent and sanitiser, and then get them on the line - sometimes this doesn't get all of it out, so I hav got them back on the line when dry to get some more sun power, but I have a few cheeky wipes with a few small stains on them still....

any advice?

Also some of my BG dont look as white anymore, any help there too?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: and if the sun doesn't work?

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:19 am

They need to be wet for the sun power to work properly - it takes waaaaaaaaaaaaay longer if they're dry... So dip them in a bucket of water if they're dry ;)

I wash in Ariel Bio and only occasionally have stain problems...

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:21 am

When they are on the line, you have to keep them wet. Just bring them in every couple of hours (in this heat anyway) & run them under the tap. Then if I have any nappies with stains on the line when I am doing a nappy load, I throw them in & back out onto the line again. If you keep them wet, it shouldn't take longer than a day or 2 for the stain to go.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:07 pm

monsterm wrote:When they are on the line, you have to keep them wet. Just bring them in every couple of hours (in this heat anyway) & run them under the tap. Then if I have any nappies with stains on the line when I am doing a nappy load, I throw them in & back out onto the line again. If you keep them wet, it shouldn't take longer than a day or 2 for the stain to go.

I didn't know that - I just assumed it was the drying in the sun that did the trick. No wonder my stained BBSS still hasn't come clean.....will def give that a go :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:14 pm

I spray them wet again with a spray thingy :giggle: I'm sure you know what I mean by that!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Kirstyh wrote:I spray them wet again with a spray thingy :giggle: I'm sure you know what I mean by that!

Me too :)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:31 pm

the hose? :-? or am I being thick?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:33 pm

monsterm wrote:the hose? :-? or am I being thick?

:giggle: I think perhaps an empty spray bottle or one you get for spraying plants with :wink:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:They need to be wet for the sun power to work properly - it takes waaaaaaaaaaaaay longer if they're dry... So dip them in a bucket of water if they're dry ;)

I wash in Ariel Bio and only occasionally have stain problems...

And this worked for me when all our nappies were stained, just before our holidays. I was completly amazed. :D

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies