hf1

Keeping new nappies like new?!?

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Keeping new nappies like new?!?

Postby cherobanne » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:14 pm

My new baby beehinds arrived at the beginning of the week but I still haven't been able to bring myself to wash them :oops: :oops: :oops:
They're soooo soft and lovely! I now realise how hard (in comparison) my old one is. Any tips on keeping the new ones as soft??

Someone give me a push to wash them, this is ridiculous! :oops:

Joanne

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:24 am

I know what you mean, my water is quite hard so I'm sure mine have gone to pot if I compared tehm to a new one!! WASH THEM!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Shame to have those lovely new nappies sitting there not being used. I dont' really know of any way to keep nappies 'in new' condition unfortunately :( A 10 minute :oops: tumble dry at the end of drying can help and playing the nappy through your hands. Go on wash them they are still a lovley soft nappy even after they've been washed!! :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:50 am

Mine aren't that soft anymore so no help here... But I know what you mean - bamboo especially is so soft and silky when new but now... :( :cry:

Apparently getting a water softner works wonders...

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue May 29, 2007 6:58 am

I read somewhere (posted by little kiwi Cat) that soaking in vinegar and fabric softener works wonders. And then a good wash afterwards to remove the softener.

I've not tried it yet as I can never remember to do it, but I will do one day....

Othewise a quick tumble dry, rubbing them together with your hands or whacking them against a wall :shock: :!: That is particularly good for stress relief too lol

Ali

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies