hf1

Just bought some eco balls - UPDATE with nappy wash pg2

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Just bought some eco balls

Postby moonlily » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:57 pm

ive often thought about getting some but wanted to know how good they were first so i'll be watching how you get on :lol:

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:53 pm

theyre fab arent they ? i only use them now and so far so good and have saved so much money im sure :)

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:58 pm

I've heard so many varied reports about them, I'd be really interested in hearing how you get on too.
They had them in the place I was on holiday and I used them for nappy washes. They didn't get the pee smell out... but it might have just been the rubbish washing machine! :lol:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Update!!! I have used these for 4 washes (1 whites, lights, darks and a nappy wash) and i have to say i am impressed so far!!

With the clothes they went on a 40c 1hour wash with the balls all came out clean and smelling fresh. Nappies, i did a rinse with extra water (which i usually do). Then put the balls in and did our usual 60c wash with extra water and and extra rinse and then this morning just for good measure i gave them another rinse. (Now apparently you dont need to rinse with Ecoballs as they dont create build up but i was a bit skeptical and also i wanted to try and get rid of the build up of powder in them.)

Took the nappies out, inspected EVERY piece, especially the nappies i remember DD pooing in, smelt them, stretched the leg elastic to look between the 'folds' and everything. CLEAN :shock: :shock: :wine: All smelt fresh. They are in dryer at the moment (which with the heat is usually where it honks of powder build up etc and so far no smell :wink: Will see how they smell after DD has pee'd in them as of late they have been eye watering.

Note: We dont rinse nappies in loo if its a pooey one, just get the worst off with a wipe. We dont wet pail, dry only. Nappies had been left max 2 days. No essential oil was used

So, so far so good :wine: :wine: :wine:

My avatar
caz88
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Just bought some eco balls - UPDATE with nappy wash pg2

Postby caz88 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:16 pm

:wine:
Yay! I love my eco balls... :)

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Sounds encouraging! :D

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:54 pm

it does sound encouraging, but I had great results with mine for about 2 weeks and then they seemed to just stop getting stuff clean - I know that they can be refilled, but if they had run out that quickly then they were going to work out much more expensive than powder :shock:

It'll be interesting to see how you feel about them after a couple of weeks. - let us know!

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:55 pm

hmmm sound good I may have to get me some!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:02 am

Miss_Purple wrote:it does sound encouraging, but I had great results with mine for about 2 weeks and then they seemed to just stop getting stuff clean - I know that they can be refilled, but if they had run out that quickly then they were going to work out much more expensive than powder :shock:

It'll be interesting to see how you feel about them after a couple of weeks. - let us know!

That's interesting as I wondered (Mrs Skeptical :oops: :giggle: ) how long it would take for the machine to get rid of all it's built up and was thinking probably about that long :oops: :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies