hf1

Bogged down with washing/making nappies

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Bogged down with washing/making nappies

Postby megansmummy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:53 pm

Your plan sounds fab hun, hope it helps you start to feel on top of things!

Let gran have lily for an hour or so, will be nice for you all...i have no one here that I can ask to even have them for half hour so it must be lovely to let her go for an hour and have a right crack on :)

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:56 pm

your plan sounds good i hope it works

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:36 pm

I know exactly how your feeling, what with my 2 LO's being so young & both in cloth :x Anyway I find what helps is to make a list of what needs to be done & I don't mean big things, just small ones like put the cleans clothes away etc. DON'T make a time frame, its just done when its done & then theres no preasure but you can see what you've done. If that doesn't apeal to you maybe right a list or go through in you head in the eve what you have done in the day, its amazing how much more you've done than you think. :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:38 pm

I get izzy to help me :hohoho: I do a wash every day, be it nappies or clothes me and izzy do it first thing either just before or just after. It sounds silly but its our little morning routine :giggle: we sit and do it together it takes twice as long with "help" but twice as fun

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:51 pm

I love the list idea, I've done that before and you do get a sense of 'I've done something today', I have Lily 'help' me, she pulls everything out and puts the inserts in her mouth but it's nice. I got a few more bits done today as she went off for a walk with her Gran and Grandad, it was great but the landlord was here and he kept asking me questions :roll: lol he's ok though, I got 2 loads of washing done and hung out quite a bit, now to get a bigger house so I can walk from one room to another without
A. stubbing my toes
B. Having to move half the room about
There will always be something :giggle:

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:56 pm

smilinglou wrote:B. Having to move half the room about

:giggle: I put my clean clothes in a pile on my desk chair (am sat in now)ready to be put away! However I just seem to move it from the chair to the bed when I want to sit in the chair & bed to chair when I want to go to bed :shock: They never seem to get put away cos I use them again before they get there :giggle:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:49 am

your plan sounds great. Definitely letting your mum have lily for a while is a good idea - i'd certainly do that if i had anyone to ask but alas i don't. Hope you manage to get o top of it all again.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:13 am

hun hope ur managing to catch up. Re having 2 in cloth my stash has just had a rather expensive overhaul, to make life easier. I got birth to potty nappies so either can wear them and i got some sized too. Most of my booster are part of the nappies so i just shove them back in. My pockets are colour co ordinated with there boosters which help. I'm still catching up on washing though. Bad weather and sy gutting the girl's room have left me with 3 loads to do, 4 to dry. And i have a 7.5kg washing machine and a 7kg dryer. In a perfect world i'd have 2 of each!lol even if u have a lazy sposie day it's not the end of the world hun.x

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:44 pm

chocmuffin wrote:
smilinglou wrote:B. Having to move half the room about

:giggle: I put my clean clothes in a pile on my desk chair (am sat in now)ready to be put away! However I just seem to move it from the chair to the bed when I want to sit in the chair & bed to chair when I want to go to bed :shock: They never seem to get put away cos I use them again before they get there :giggle:

lmao this is so totally like us! :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies