hf1

blueberry stain

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

blueberry stain

Postby Shevi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:41 pm

when i changed boos nappy before there was a purple stain inside...seemiingly from (tmi sorry) an undigested blueberry in poo...strangly enough the stain when straight thru the fleece liner (invisable on there now) and has stained my MEOS :x any ideas? its about the size of a 5p peice...

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: blueberry stain

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:07 pm

Sorry, can't help specifically with blueberry stains (Georgia doesn't eat them) all I can suggest is sun shine, hope it comes out soon.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:20 pm

blueberry colour dylon :wink:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:08 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:blueberry colour dylon :wink:

oooohhhh, good plan!!!!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:28 pm

We have a blueberry tree, and when they are in season, Kayleigh eats them all day long. We never got any staining from the blueberries. I do like the idea of dying them though. Maybe a 2 colour tye die - and you'd never work out what is a stain, and what is part of the pattern.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:31 pm

TMI alert! Isabelle's poo quite often 'stains' through the fleece liners :shock: and I've found blueberry poo is quite shocking in colour sometimes :D

(blueberry sick is the WORST!)

Not had stains here tho' - if sunshine doesn't work you could paint the area with vanish liquid for 5-10mins before you do the wash then wash as normal - you'd be using a minimal amount so it wouldn't affect the other nappies and it should get the stain out.

Also use biological for 1wash if you don't use it already...

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:39 pm

Velvetsteph wrote: and I've found blueberry poo is quite shocking in colour sometimes :D

Oh yes, many a times I've had a panic at a blueberry poo until I remember that they've eaten blueberries :D

Euuuwwwwww to blueberry sick, luckily I've not experienced that!

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies