hf1

Not feeling the soapnut love

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Not feeling the soapnut love

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:43 pm

mine are sticky and stink, but are apparently fine. a 60 wash with twice as many nuts as stated did nothing. a 40wash with 1tbsp of bold did the job better.

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeah Fiona and I were told that they were fine too despite the smell and that previous batches hadn't ponged like that lol!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:47 pm

The little yellow marks made my nappies look worse than when they went in. My husband did ask if I'd emptied all the nappies properly before putting them in :puke:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:37 pm

:( i sooo wanted them to work too. well back to bold it is. what else can i do with them? have a 500 gram bag :giggle:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Compost :wink:

Or, if you can stand the smell, cook them up to make a general purpose cleaner.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:05 pm

emmalala wrote::( i sooo wanted them to work too. well back to bold it is. what else can i do with them? have a 500 gram bag :giggle:

Have you tried Eco balls? I really like ours, see post in this section about them :wink: 30 day money back guarantee too :D

We got some soapnuts (4 i think) free in our mama pack i am yet to try. They dont smell at the moment, thinking of doing the bedding, towels and dogs bedding with them, they arent grubby (well the dogs bed smells of sweaty dog :puke: but whats new :lol: ) so hoping they will work ok x

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies