hf1

3kg dryer,condenser or vent,washer dryer doesnt actually dry

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: 3kg dryer,condenser or vent,washer dryer doesnt actually dry

Postby megansmummy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:16 am

northernruth wrote:I have a washer dryer and they do work, they just take ages. The main issue tho is that the capacity for drying is usally half that for washing. My dryer capacity is 6kg but the washing machine will do 9kg. I have no room for a tumble dryer tho and we mostly line dry or airer so I just have the washer dryer for an emergency or after holidays etc.

WSS, we have a new washer/dryer (we had a zanussi for 7 years and it was fab!) and we got a LG 9kg wash/6kg dry and its great, I think with washer/dryers you honistly get what you pay for...cheap ones are rubbish..we paid a fair bit for this one and the dryer is great on it! :wine: I would love a seperate tumble so that I can was and dry at the same time (diff loads obviously! :giggle: ) but i dont have the space or a garage to put one in :(

ETA i line dry most becuase i worry about the cost of tumbling more than anything, but in the winter i use it to help get sheets etc dry...maybe a couple of times per week it goes on.

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:33 am

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:u can get a little box thing though. Dunno how good they are though

we got one it was pants.... :-?

My avatar
calliflower
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby calliflower » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:37 am

Its good to know that there are some good washer/dryers. Mine is an indesit and it is useless. I only use the washing machine now.

I want to second the fantasticness of Zanussi's white goods. My tumble dryer is Zanussi (C rated) and it is amazing. It is well worth spending a bit more and getting something that is going to work and last. My mum's tumble dryer is 11 years old now and still going strong!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:39 am

northernruth wrote:
sophie2198 wrote:What sort of price are you looking at spending hun? maybe we can help find you one? :wink:

I dont know what rating ours is but tbh i dont really care :oops: i rarely use it in summer and in the winter the MAX i use it is 1hr a day , not even that unless i need to , so im not too fussed!

If I used it an hour a day I would have a panic attack. I was brought up in the seventies and you would think that tumble dryers ran on rocking horse poo, that's how regualrly ours was on growing up. I can't shake the idea that you are burning money putting the tumble dryer on :giggle: this despite the fact that I will have the heating on all the time etc etc

You wont like this then ruth :giggle: :oops: our washing line is down at the moment (we have a brand new rotary airer still boxed in garage, been begging DP to put it up for months :evil: ) so we are using our tumble dryer EVERY day at least an hour - sometimes up to 3hrs a day :oops: :oops: we have no indoor clothes airers and hardly any radiator space.

ETA: after reading that back i might dig the airer out and have a wee look, i need a spikey thing to secure it in the floor i think :-? or concrete or something

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:10 am

northernruth wrote:
sophie2198 wrote:What sort of price are you looking at spending hun? maybe we can help find you one? :wink:

I dont know what rating ours is but tbh i dont really care :oops: i rarely use it in summer and in the winter the MAX i use it is 1hr a day , not even that unless i need to , so im not too fussed!

If I used it an hour a day I would have a panic attack. I was brought up in the seventies and you would think that tumble dryers ran on rocking horse poo, that's how regualrly ours was on growing up. I can't shake the idea that you are burning money putting the tumble dryer on :giggle: this despite the fact that I will have the heating on all the time etc etc

This is the MAX though ruth , and as i said not often that! :wink: My washing continues to go on my 65ft washing line for as long as it can throughout the whole year so it is literally days when it is pouring , or i need the indoor airers (i have 3) cleared to get the next washing on iygwim!

I use £45 a month elec except in nov/dec/jan/feb/march when i use £50 a month max so not fussed about burning £25 a year really :wink: :)

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Well our washing machine has just blown up so now were looking into a new washing machine, am thinking leave the washer dryer idea and just get the machine, maybe have a peek on ebay for a dryer at another time considering how much we have to spend this month now :( any recommendations, maybe I'll make a seperate thread on this lol, I'm making many at the moment with all my problems :roll:

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies