hf1

Can anyone recommend a washing machine?

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Can anyone recommend a washing machine?

Postby smilinglou » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:45 pm

After a good one, can spend up to about £350 maybe a little over, preferably with a large load capacity, any ideas?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Can anyone recommend a washing machine?

Postby ladybird » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:47 pm

Like my Zanussi. 7kg, 1600rpm. It was top of the Which? report for it's price range when we bought it at the beginning of the year I believe. I think it's this one http://www.zanussi.co.uk/node64.aspx?pr ... 5536,15583
I searched online for the best price, ended up with an online company, something along the lines of Appliance Deals or Direct Appliances, who were great. And I think we went through Quidco too!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:08 pm

ladybird wrote:Like my Zanussi. 7kg, 1600rpm. It was top of the Which? report for it's price range when we bought it at the beginning of the year I believe. I think it's this one http://www.zanussi.co.uk/node64.aspx?pr ... 5536,15583
I searched online for the best price, ended up with an online company, something along the lines of Appliance Deals or Direct Appliances, who were great. And I think we went through Quidco too!

That does look really good and not too much money, does it have prewash though, I like prewash for the nappies.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Yep, prewash. I was looking at a Hotpoint at the same time, but it came way down the Which? report. Plus this has access to the filter from the front, rather than having to call someone out or work out how to clean it out from the back yourself. That riles me, the way so many machines have the filter access hidden away now!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:14 pm

It looks really good, off to look in comet, normaly I dont like to buy from shops like that but if we need it quick :roll:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:15 pm

can i advise against one?! the one i got lg direct drive 7.5kg. it gets at least 3 repairs a year. i'm hoping the circuit board goes again now, coz then i get a new one! which? got it wrong on there testing, saying it has a long quick wash, it has a 37 min quick wash. which said it was much higher. but i would advise against this one. unless u have concrete floors. my sis has a zanussi, she's really pleased with it!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Yes of course; it's hard to sort through the rubbish out there, your machine sounds a real pain!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:24 pm

we have nothing but troule with lg, i paid 599 for it and it's the biggest load of poopies out there. i wish i'd bought a miele. that'll be my next machine. or i like the hotpoint aqualtis i think it's called, that looks nice. best thing about my machine was getting cover on it, worth it's weight in gold, that's thru curry's though, although i think if ur machine is around the 300 mark it's about 2.99 ish a month to cover with whateverhappens cover. i'm def taking it out with my next machine, but then the poor thing does the washing of 7.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Ours was a hotpoint aquarius plus, we were given it after my friends mum bought it new, she said the dryer bobbled the clothes so bought a new one :shock: :roll: not sure if that was the true story but we got it free, it sat in a garage for about 2 years, sometimes it showed f-10 on the display, it stopped washing but i just restarted the program and its been fine for a few months, then our cat got inside the bottom of the machine when we were fiddling with it to get the dryer to work rather than make everything damp, she was there for 3 hours and after that it was wet underneath, today i loaded it with a big load of clothes and towels and it came up with 'f-08' the instructions say nothing of this or the f 10 message, then 3 loud bangs and its dead! So I cant tell if its a naf machine or just its random life :giggle:

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies