How much soda crystals?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: How much soda crystals?

Postby Caroline » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:40 pm

megansmummy wrote:
Caroline wrote:We have hard water too. I put a cup full staright in the drum (ie where the clothes go).

ok fab so i put them in the drum with the nappies? how much is a 'cup' and also will it be ok to use with wraps aswell?

ETA, do you use them every wash or just every now and then?

Not in every wash every week or so. A cup is about half a medium size mug. I use it with my pockets and never had a problem.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Caroline wrote:
megansmummy wrote:Ours is terrible, i have to de-scale the kettled, tap ends, shower head etc...

Lime scale on the shower screen and draining board drive me mad!!! :x

ugh yeah and the only thing i have found to get rid of it properly is cilit bang! thanks for that they i will chuck some in with the next wash..am hoping it helps keep the nappies softer and cut down how much powder im using! :roll:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:45 pm

megansmummy wrote:Ours is terrible, i have to de-scale the kettled, tap ends, shower head etc...

Ours is like that too :roll: ther amount of times our shower has completely broken because of it is just :x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:48 pm

twinkletot wrote:

Ours is like that too :roll: ther amount of times our shower has completely broken because of it is just :x

we had ours replaced again last year :roll: its crazy really...

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Wow so Soctland does have its advantages then. Obviously not when it comes to weather since we get june and winter :giggle:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 pm

megansmummy wrote:
twinkletot wrote:

we had ours replaced again last year :roll: its crazy really...

We have given up on our electric showers now and run it off the taps. Not as fab a shower but not much limescale (we have a softner on our boiler).

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:16 pm

JenKyleandKaitlin wrote:Wow so Soctland does have its advantages then. Obviously not when it comes to weather since we get june and winter :giggle:

Aww it's not that bad :wink: I think I am the only person to stick up for the scottish weather :giggle:

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Mines like that :roll: I use 3 tablespoons of powder & 4 tablespoons of soda crystals, this seems to be working v well for me, nappies come out smelling fresh & haven't needed to strip wash in ages! :lol:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:55 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:ah i have soft water then. never had limescale in my kettle!

you're just showing off now :giggle:
even using a water filter, i have to descale kettle every other month and everything else (taps, tiles, showerheads etc) at least once a month.

PreviousNext

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies