hf1

Washing nappies and wraps for new baby

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Washing nappies and wraps for new baby

Postby happytails » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:46 am

Im going to be washing everything ive bought but was thinking of strip washing all the preloved fluff incase of any build up and just quick washing the new stuff to get it up to absorbency.

thinking about the fleece and pul wraps i have got though, is there any point washing them? As they wont be directly on bum and arent actually absorbent? :-?

Also ive decided to wash everything with my eco balls rather than powder. Am i best leaving the essential oils out of my wash incase LO gets a rash from using them or something?

And finally, how would you store clean clothes/nappies that wont get used for up to 12wks? Is an under bed storage bag ok do you think? Dont want to have to wash them all again once he is here.

TIA xxx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Washing nappies and wraps for new baby

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:03 pm

I personally would avoid ALL essential oils on a newborn.

To store clothes I pop them in a vac-bag storage system and yes shove them under the bed ;) :lol:

I probably wouldn't bother washing wraps unless they were preloved...

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Washing nappies and wraps for new baby

Postby wytch » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:49 pm

steph hit it on the head really there. saying that i washed all wraps fleece and pul preloved/new just to remove any degerent or any thing leftover from the making process just so i knew it was all my degerent just like all the clothes.

stripping preloved is a must in my eyes even more so with a new buba but thats me

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies