hf1

Talk to me of bio powder

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Talk to me of bio powder

Postby chocmuffin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:07 pm

You can buy soda crystals in Tesco's etc they are packaged in a bag and are not expensive! I put them in the same drawer as the powder.

My avatar
notenoughsocks
Clothie
Clothie

Postby notenoughsocks » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks. I am off shopping for new powder and cyrstals tomorrow. Wish my LO's bottom good luck :giggle:

My avatar
Lilybet
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Lilybet » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:30 am

I hope it helps to clear it up - the main reason I use non-bio is that bio gives me a rash, and did the same to Roman's little body and bottom!
If it's just around teething your little one would be more likely to get a rash whatever powder you use, their wee wee is more acidic (so I'm told) around teething times, so perhaps changing more regularly and disposables overnight just to get through the teething stage might work?

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:49 am

notenoughsocks wrote: Sorry, but I am every so slightly :-? about the two in one. Doesn't that have a conditioner in? If so, how comes it doesn't affect absorbency?

The softner in Bold 2-in-1 is clay based (one of the only ones that is, I think) so it softens without covering the nappies in an oily, water (wee) repelling coating, as most traditional oil based softners would do :-?
HTH :)

Dooby x

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies