hf1

Which cycle

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Which cycle

Postby charlala » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Can anyone advise me which cycle is best to be using on my washing machine?
I have a Beko and it has the usual rinse, spin, daily quick wash, hand wash, dark care and then has a cotton cycle which is the longest (nearly 3 hours), synthetic material which is much shorter and mixed fabrics which is inbetween. There is also the 'quick wash' function for any of the last 3 cycles.
I've always used cotton cycle as I've assumed longest is best but is this actually true?
Would love to be able to use something shorter and just read a post somewhere which implied if you have a really long cycle and using little powder it may have gone by the time the machine properly starts washing?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Which cycle

Postby ladybird » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:27 pm

I always used a 60c cotton cycle. I didn't go by time, but by temperature.

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:30 pm

I used to use a 60 (if very soiled) or 40 degree thorough wash....which was the white cotton cycle on my machine...with an extra rinse.

I imagine I'll use the same this time too as it seemed to have the best clean/rinse for the nappies.

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:27 pm

cotton cycle uses more water than a synthetic cycle even if they run for same time - so use cotton

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby charlala » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Thanks all - will stick with what I'm doing then :)

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:40 pm

I find I get the best (cleanest & most fresh smelling) results on our washing machine's longest cycle - a 60c cotton wash with 2 extra rinses... all in it usually takes about 3 hrs 45 mins :oops:
I usually put the wash on before I go to bed, so the nappies are ready to hang out the following morning. I like to line dry them if I can and this time of year, if I put the washer on when I got up, it'd just about be dark by the time the wash had finished :giggle:

Dooby x

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies