hf1

Sensitive skin? What do you use?

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Sensitive skin? What do you use?

Postby weebee » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:47 pm

I've got super sensitive skin and am currently 30 weeks preggers and preparing to pre-wash lots of cloth nappies and baby clothes. I'm really interested in the simply sensitive washing tablets but don't want to order loads (to avoid paying over the odds in postage) if they aren't any good for my skin. Does anyone know if you can get a sample from anywhere and if you just use one of the tabs in a nappy wash (as I believe you don't need as much powder)? Cheers!

My avatar
Misschilli
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Misschilli » Thu May 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Bakind soda only, 3 tbsp for a nappy wash. works an absolute treat, gets any stain out and so kind to skin. also very very cheap, no stripping ever needed as no detergent build up..

I changed over to ariel bio after reading advice on here and Jamie developed the most horrendous eczema ever. washed them in baking soda ever since and the eczema is totally gone..!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu May 19, 2011 7:02 pm

We use simply sensitive too, one tablet in the nappy wash..Ds has really bad skin with most others we've tried and he reacted badly after we tried strip washing with baking soda.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu May 19, 2011 7:05 pm

We use simply pure (another in the simply range). We get it from Sainsbury's.

My avatar
JJs-mummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby JJs-mummy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Eco Balls, they contain lots of little balls that oxygenate the water to lift of dirt etc. smell of nothing and can't cause irritation as there's nothing there to irritate, also good as nothing to build up on nappies/clothes either :)

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:55 am

Soapnuts.. DD has eczema and it's great, her rash is much calmer and I've only been using them for 2 weeks. I use them for both nappies and clothes and works great, I do put some vinegar as well and so far all the stains have come out!

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies