hf1

Washing liners with 'solid' poo

My avatar
ksemro
Clothie
Clothie

Washing liners with 'solid' poo

Postby ksemro » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Ok so my seven month old has just started doing proper poos - not totally solid but I'm sure you know what I mean. Do we need to get the poo off the cloth liner and nappy before washing ? If so does anyone have tips? It's pretty gooey stuff! We have been just washing it all so far and that's been fine. Don't know if it matters but she's breastfed and we're doing baby-led-weaning.

Also what's the best way to wash a silk liner that's been poo covered like this?

Thanks!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Washing liners with 'solid' poo

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Not sure on the best way with silk liners as i've never used them. But I shake the poo off into the loo, if its a bit sticky then I flush and rinse in the force of the water. If its really sticky then I hose it off with the shower. Mine are never totally clean when they go into the machine :wink:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:05 pm

Ben's always had very sticky poos! So I find the best way to deal with his is to stretch the shower head from the bath over the toilet and spary his nappies. It worked brilliantly. If your shower doesn't reach to the toilet, you can put a bucket in the bath, rinse the nappies off in there and then pour it into the toilet.

I also do a cold rinse in the washer before I do the main wash to try to rinse off any last bits.

My avatar
emuk00
Clothie
Clothie

Postby emuk00 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:11 am

I always try and get the majority of poo off, then either rinse in the loo or the bath, but the shower is a good idea, then I bleach the bath etc.

I also do a rinse and spin before the main wash x

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:20 pm

I dip in the toilet water if it's a particually bad one then sling in the nappy bucket as normal, seems to work better for me than holding in the flush, plus I get fed up of waiting until I can flush again, and again, and again..... :wink:

My avatar
sahara
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sahara » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:02 am

I use a knife scrape the worst off, pop liner and nappy in bucket, flush poo away and hold knife in flush to rinse off poo. give a quick spray with anti bac spray wipe off and store knife out of sight and reach. works a treat for me :)

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:33 am

Not sure about silk liners but when we have used fleece liners and the poo is very sticky i leave the whole nappy as is in the 2nd nappy bucket. I tip it into the toilet at the same time as i deal with the next nappy It always rolls off after its sat there for a little while.

ETA :oops: That sounds really gross :giggle:

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies