Washing preloved nappies

My avatar
Alegria
Clothie
Clothie

Washing preloved nappies

Postby Alegria » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi
I have bought a variety of nappies in preparation for when LO arrives, and I was wondering what to do with the preloved ones. Should I strip wash them? If so, how is best to do this?
Thanks
Sarah x

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Washing preloved nappies

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:07 pm

I wouldn't worry about strip washing them, but I would give them a thorough wash, maybe with an extra rinse to ensure they are at their best...

When are you due?

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:14 pm

I Washed all my nappies when i was about 6 months, and popped them in some storage boxes so they were ready. They are now sat on the changing table readdy and waiting for a bum to put them on :giggle:
I only strip washed some of the nappies, and that was because they smelt very very strongly of washing powder so thought beter safe than sorry. the others I just popped on a long wash with an extra rinse with the new nappies I bought to get rid of any muck on them

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:26 pm

I've bought quite a few recently for the bump and I'd recommend at least running them through a long wash in the washing machine with no detergent in. Some of the ones I've bought have filled the machine with suds to the top :lol: they've definintely had build up! Theres no guarantee the person you've bought from has ever stripped them.

My avatar
Alegria
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Alegria » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Thanks! One of them smells a lot of fabric conditioner so I definitely want to wash that one thoroughly!

I'm due in March, I feel like I ought to get started on the mountain of things I have to wash before she shows up!

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies