hf1

Totally and utterly p'd off

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Totally and utterly p'd off

Postby fivefourfour » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Well, after begging and pleading with my husband that we need more than 2 night nappies, he let me order some in the HL co-op. We ordered two bedbug pluses, as well as three wool interlock wraps to replace some soakers from Beth that RM swallowed.

Well, aside from the fact I stupidly followed some advice from another clothie about getting the M/L instead of the larger size to save money, and I don't know how long they will last, I have ended up felting and shrinking two of the wraps. I checked the washing instructions Bonnie sends with her orders and there was no special mention, I checked the listings for wraps on her various sites, plus I had a quick look on here, couldn't see anything soooo, into the washing machine they went. Only on rinse cycles, which is 'cool' which is under 30 degrees, but they still came out half the size they went in. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Luckily I had seperated the reddy-browny colours and the blues, so one wrap stayed out of the machine. But the other two are, I think ruined. I heard someone say something about conditioner 'undoing' felting, please tell me it is easy and it works? Or is there another trick?

Other than that, does anyone want two small, bombprood wool wraps? :cry:

Just feel totally heartbroken that the money we put aside to spend on something else, has been gone down the drain...

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Totally and utterly p'd off

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:42 pm

:cry: Nightmare! No advice but wanted to send :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:48 pm

:hug: :hug: :cry:

That must be so gutting. Hope you manage to rescue them :cry:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:18 pm

How awful, I would :cry: too. I've not heard of any solution but it would be nice to hear if there was.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:58 pm

:hug: :hug:

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Site Supporter

Postby knees_on » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Oh no!! :hug:

Some bright spark put a gorgeous soaker in the nappy bucket and someone else loaded the nappies in the machine so I too have a shrunk one. Trouble is it only shrunk in the rise so its really short and really wide :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:36 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: :cry: Have you tried just emailing Bonnie directly? She might have a solution or someone she knows/sells to might know of something to try. Hope you can save them. If not, put them on the classifieds, you might at least get something back for them.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:26 am

Yeah, I emailed Bonnie. She just said 'well, they should have been hand washed', which sort of annoyed me, as she puts washing instructions for nappies in with her parcels, so I just assumed the wraps had the same instructions, but it's not her fault really.

I've got wool interlock outer nappies which haven't felted and they're obviously washed in the machine (and on a hotter cycle than these wraps were) and after checking about four sites and not seeing anything obvious, I thought it would be ok.

I think I'll pop the on classifieds later - someone will find them useful, and they are so gorgeous, especially the rainbow.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:28 am

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies