hf1

Totally and utterly p'd off

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Totally and utterly p'd off

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:34 am

fluffy_mummy wrote:Yeah, I emailed Bonnie. She just said 'well, they should have been hand washed', which sort of annoyed me, as she puts washing instructions for nappies in with her parcels, so I just assumed the wraps had the same instructions, but it's not her fault really.

I've got wool interlock outer nappies which haven't felted and they're obviously washed in the machine (and on a hotter cycle than these wraps were) and after checking about four sites and not seeing anything obvious, I thought it would be ok.

I think I'll pop the on classifieds later - someone will find them useful, and they are so gorgeous, especially the rainbow.

The wool outer nappies (if you are referring to LLS & Puddlekins) were made with superwash wool interlock so they won't felt but superwash isn't any good for wraps or nappy covers. :( You're certainly not the only one who's had an interlock wrap incident. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:40 am

Ah, I see. Hadn't thought of that.

I didn't think of wool interlock as having the same properties as knitted wool! Bit dense.

Does that mean wool interlock should be lanolised?

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:42 am

fluffy_mummy wrote:Ah, I see. Hadn't thought of that.

I didn't think of wool interlock as having the same properties as knitted wool! Bit dense.

Does that mean wool interlock should be lanolised?

Nah not dense.... If you were used to the superwash interlock on the nappies then it's no wonder you assumed that other interlock was the same. :wink: Yes, you do lanolise interlock in the same way as you do knitted.

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:04 am

There is the conditioner one and then there is this one:

http://everything2.com/title/How+to+unf ... ed+sweater

I used it on a cardi my Mum knitted for DS after we spent ages choosing the right wool and she had sent away for it on a special order, following which I promptly felted it in the wash by mistake. It didnt fix it totally, but it did relax it enough for him to be able to wear it. And then he grew and I was off the hook. :-?

Worth trying on one of them? Not sure how it would affect a wrap though, you might end up with something you cant use or sell. :hug:

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies