hf1

Bumgenius users

My avatar
claireb
Clothie
Clothie

Bumgenius users

Postby claireb » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:43 pm

I have just started using the V3's and would appreciate hearing your washing routines please!

At the moment I just wipe the majority of the breastfed poo off with kitchen roll and dry pail, then wash them on 60 degrees with 1/4 cup of non bio. I always find that they come out stained though. At the moment I am fine with sticking them on the line and allowing the sun to get rid of the stains but just wondering what you do with stains problems when it isn't sunny?
Thanks!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Bumgenius users

Postby Shevi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:48 pm

if its not sunny for ages then they can look a little scary!!! but usually i can pop one on the window sil indoors for some sunshine ven during the winter

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:15 pm

Shevi wrote:if its not sunny for ages then they can look a little scary!!! but usually i can pop one on the window sil indoors for some sunshine ven during the winter

I cant help with the actual question but Shevi's answer did remind me of a question I wanted to ask... does sunshine through the window have the same effect or is it not as effective?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:21 pm

mabo wrote:I cant help with the actual question but Shevi's answer did remind me of a question I wanted to ask... does sunshine through the window have the same effect or is it not as effective?

Sunshine through a window worked wonders for us but only on the breastfed poo stains, doesn't seem to work on bolognaise...:D

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:22 am

None of my BGs have stained, despite being subjected to many many nasty poohs. I dry pail, then do a rinse with the powder in the machine at this point, then do a 50-60o wash, then rinse again. Think Shevis suggestion of putting them on a windowsill is a good one - would never of thought of that :D

Sadie xx

My avatar
claireb
Clothie
Clothie

Postby claireb » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:00 am

eviesmummy wrote:None of my BGs have stained, despite being subjected to many many nasty poohs. I dry pail, then do a rinse with the powder in the machine at this point, then do a 50-60o wash, then rinse again. Think Shevis suggestion of putting them on a windowsill is a good one - would never of thought of that :D

Sadie xx

Thanks for all your replies. Maybe I will do a prewash first then to see if helps?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:04 am

We also windowsill stains if they are looking scary on wet days. We have windowsilled nappies and clothes, however the stains take longer to fade thru the window than in the great outdoors.

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:33 pm

I use daz tablets ( one in each wash) and normaly just one 50deg wash and they come up like new, ive never had my bumgenius stain.

My avatar
claireb
Clothie
Clothie

Postby claireb » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Thanks. I had all my Bumgenius out on the line in the sun today, ones that were washed yesterday. They had all stained and so had the inserts, but even in the sun still remained fairly stained!

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies