hf1

Wet Pailing?

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Wet Pailing?

Postby clarge » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:23 am

Anyone do this? Think I may need to resort to this....

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Wet Pailing?

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:30 am

Nope, and its not recomended as it can effect the life of your nappy. What makes you think that you may have to resort to it? It might be something that we can help you with

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Wet Pailing?

Postby rachymoo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:44 am

red_dwarf wrote:Nope, and its not recomended as it can effect the life of your nappy. What makes you think that you may have to resort to it? It might be something that we can help you with


WSS - it can shorten the life of your nappies, I think ruining the elastic is just one of the things it can do. What problems are you having?

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Wet Pailing?

Postby Bluebell » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:47 am

Nope, we dry pail, always have done.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Wet Pailing?

Postby tanya » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:51 am

Is this for your build-up issues Cara? I can't actually see how wet-pailing is going to help there, but I guess if you've tried everything else, it's worth a try. Personally the idea of the water in the bucket makes me want to :puke:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Wet Pailing?

Postby g murphy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 am

tanya wrote: Personally the idea of the water in the bucket makes me want to :puke:


this^^ we dry pail here too hun as i am sure it can reduce the life span of your nappies. x

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Wet Pailing?

Postby Sunset » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:17 am

I have done in the past especially with really smelly night nappies, it helped a bit. What I ended up doing in the end was just rinsing them under a running tap before dry pailing to help get some of the ammonia out.

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Wet Pailing?

Postby clarge » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Sunset wrote:I have done in the past especially with really smelly night nappies, it helped a bit. What I ended up doing in the end was just rinsing them under a running tap before dry pailing to help get some of the ammonia out.


Yes after reading up a bit on wet pailing today I think this is going to be my best option....

Thanks ladies.

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Wet Pailing?

Postby tracedw » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:39 pm

My only experience of wet pailing was when ds3 was a newborn (before i discovered CNT) and i wet pailed all his
nappies and ended up with p** soup :puke: , not nice and i havn't tried it since.
Hope you can figure out what you need to do to solve your problem.

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies