hf1

Nappies Stink AGAIN!

My avatar
mummysab
Clothie
Clothie

Nappies Stink AGAIN!

Postby mummysab » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:10 am

I stripped my nappies a couple of weeks ago because they stunk and that seemed to resolve the problem, but the naapies absolutely wreak again :( they smell fresh when washed, but as soon as he wets they stink to high heaven again. So bad that the smell transfers to his clothes etc. Please help, I'm feeling ready to get out the sposies :(

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Nappies Stink AGAIN!

Postby ladybird » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:30 am

Sounds like strong wee rather than stinky nappies. As children get older (particularly boys from what I've read) their wee seems to smell more of ammonia. Is there any teething going on? Is he drinking enough?

My avatar
mummysab
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummysab » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:23 am

He's breastfed and only 9 weeks old, wets for England! Much be the ammonia. X

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:25 pm

I looked after a little boy who wore cloth nappies , often after only one wee his nappies would stink so much so we would think he had poo'd. I do think some children's urine is stronger than other and often when I have bough preloved nappies I notice a smell as its different to dd's.
Where your nappies new or preloved?
If it is your lo man's wee I think it may be a case of regular strip washing and also do a rinse wash before or after / both the main wash. Hopefully that may help.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:41 pm

As others have said if you're doing strip washes regularly, it could just be the smell of wee. I look after my niece regularly and she uses cloth nappies too. Her wee always smells much stronger than DDs and I know my SIL has a similar washing routine to me so it's not due to build up etc.

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies