hf1

Washing nappies with towels at 60 help!? please advise.

My avatar
sugarplum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Washing nappies with towels at 60 help!? please advise.

Postby sugarplum » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:33 pm

just wondering if its ok to chuck my towels or the odd bed sheet in with the nappies to bump up the load. with a house of 6 I always have other things that could go in the wash at 60 and if i got nappies in the machine every day i can get rid of the tumble dryer rather than washing nappies every 3rd or 4th day and needing to tumble them to get them dry in time!?
any suggestions or must avoids greatly recieved
maybe this is not good and is in fack totally gross but i assumed a 60 wash would kill any bacteria anyways?!
thanks ladies
k xx :bf:

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Washing nappies with towels at 60 help!? please advise.

Postby weebee » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:37 pm

i do it and no harm has come to us :-) i often chuck baby clothes in to though, if i need to- especially if the nappy has leaked or it's pukey as they're just as germie.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:39 pm

weebee wrote:i do it and no harm has come to us :-) i often chuck baby clothes in to though, if i need to- especially if the nappy has leaked or it's pukey as they're just as germie.

WSS :-)

My avatar
sugarplum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sugarplum » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:47 pm

thats great thanks, i think ill do this from now on, i have to wash at 60 as my son has allergies and 40 just leaves the skin going bad but if i can eliminate the tumbler by doing this then great! thyanks.
k xx :bf:

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:54 pm

I do it too :) i wash my nappies every day and just give them a rinse first if they are particulary nasty then throw in any baby clothes/towels etc that need washing too :)

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies