hf1

Stripping nappies: dishwasher tablet method.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Stripping nappies: dishwasher tablet method.

Postby jclmellor » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:29 pm

hi

to stripwash our Easyfits and BGs, i used a dishwasher tablet (Fairy all in one "liquid power" tablet). i'm on the 6th wash/rince cycle now and still i can see a small number of bubbles coming from the nappies... !!! OH is getting peaved off that the washing machine has been going for two days. :oops:

is this normal to have to do so many rince cycles?

are a small number of bubbles coming from the nappies okay? (i would rather get rid of all these bubbles as DD has had an allergic reaction to something in the nappies anyway)

any advice welcome!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Stripping nappies: dishwasher tablet method.

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:38 pm

iirc there is always 'some' bubbles because of the agitation of the nappies in the water? I just used to rince as much as I could before I got sick of the machine being on :oops: :oops:

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:39 pm

Wss^^ :) i just rinse them till i get sick of the sound of the washer :giggle: and they are normaly fine, they will always look liketheirs some bubbles no matter how much you rinse but Ive always thought this is because of the nappies swishing about xoxo

My avatar
sugarplum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sugarplum » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:24 pm

what they said^^^
The washing machines movement teamed with the nappies movement will always cause a few bubbles, im sure the are fine!!! well done for braving two days of the machine going though!!! :D

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies