hf1

Pail powder

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Pail powder

Postby Rae » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:19 pm

Now I thought it was just a silly idea at first, but was doing an order (to Northern Essence) and got some pail powder. Basically you sprinkle a bit every nappy you add. I am so surprised how well it works. My eyes use to water every time I opened the nappy bucket, but not any more. Now I'm sure there is a cheap alternative, but until I have that sussed, this is wonderful.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Pail powder

Postby mabo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:16 am

That sounds good Rae... a good excuse to buy some other stuff from Northern Essence too - I'm still looking for nicely smelling woolly wash :lol:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:55 am

are the ingrediants bicarb of soda and smelly oils by chance?

thats what i sometimes use, and it really does the trick, didn't realise someone sold it...not that its that complicated to open packet of bicarb, drop in some oil, shake and occasionally sprinkle!!! bet theirs smells nicer than mine tho! i am getting very bored of lavender and neroli!!!!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:48 am

I think that is the basics of it. I think it is also packed with something else to bulk out the powder.
We have lemon and eucalyptus (as I don't mind Lavender, but it doesn't really float my boat).

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies