hf1

Stains Help!

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Stains Help!

Postby Nimyue » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:38 am

So, I'm in the process of washing my nappies, but they aren't coming clean in the wash :cry:

My LO is exclusively bf, but the nappies came out of a 60 degree wash with bright orange spots!!! I don't know if sunning will actually work b/c it almost seems like it's not coming clean at all... :cry: :cry:

Guess I need to wash every 2 days not 3... but my poor nappies!!! :gaah:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Stains Help!

Postby ladybird » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:11 pm

It's clean, just stained. Sunning is fantastic, I remember it getting out really orange stains from nappies and clothes when my baby's were tiny. Try it. If the stains are are really *really* bad then you might need to wash and sun a couple of times, but it does work.

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:01 pm

I think I may have overloaded my washer :( I splint the load into two and washed at 60 instead of 40 and it's a proper faded orange now, so half of them are in the window... so much for saving energy at 40 degrees...

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:25 pm

You're still saving plenty of energy compared to disposables ;) Think of how much they take to make, including transporting ingredients to the factory and then the nappies into the shops, etc. etc. etc. etc. And then taking them away and dumping in landfill....

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Just plenty of sun should do it. Even the most set in stains I've had, have been removed by a few days in the sun.

If it's raining, lying on a window sill will also work, it may take longer, but still do the job!

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies