hf1

Best way to get rid of no. 2's?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Best way to get rid of no. 2's?

Postby KimmyM » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 pm

I did but I know some don't think it's down to your preference.

My avatar
mummy2fourgirls
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummy2fourgirls » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:20 pm

I use the dunk and flush method but my toilet doesn't seem very powerful as I still end up with lots of poop on my liners .

Shower and bucket sounds like good plan

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:20 pm

I never rinsed the bf poo, it came off in the cold rinse I did before the main wash. Squish still has runny nappies even though she is weaning as we are still :bf: so the nappies can be a bit messy - if the poo doesn't come off when I stretch the nappy over the loo, then it still comes off in the washing machine.

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:37 pm

My 3 month old is exclusively BF, I started off just rinsing nappies in the machine. It worked fine and the nappies and machine seemed fine. But then we moved house and I'm using a different machine now and I find I have to rinse the poo nappies before washing or they don't come out fresh enough. And the machine was a bit stinky :( Now I rinse all poo nappies before putting the in the bucket, and do a rinse cycle before washing. So I think it depends on your machine , basically :D If you do put the nappies straight into the machine, I think its recommended that you do hot wash with no load and full powder every now and again.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Whilst Eleanor was just :bf: the poop washed out in the machine easily.
Now she's :blw: I'm using paper liners at the moment which get rid of 90% of it - the machine copes with the rest as i do a pre rinse before I wash them

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:24 am

I'm exclusively :bf: at the moment as well, and I've also found that the cold rinse and spin cycle gets it all. I do then always follow with a 60 degree wash tho! Also, I've found making my own laundry detergent works better than the non-bios in the shops, and I know it doesn't have brighteners and scents etc in it :wink:

But I am sorta wondering about when I wean her.... dealing with the poo will make my cloth not so appealing... I hate using paper liners as the whole point of cloth to me is having nice soft cloth next to her bum, but the liner make it so much easier...

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:42 am

Oh it's no quite as easy as holding and flushing you need to rub a fair bit as well I'm afraid especially as they wean. I sometime's use paper liners if we are out and about but to be fair no very often as you said I use cloth so it's nice and soft ect I don't really want to then sick paper next to their bottoms. I'm sure you'll find what works for you :)

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies