hf1

Silly question about rinse cycle temp

My avatar
Solstice_3
Clothie
Clothie

Silly question about rinse cycle temp

Postby Solstice_3 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:45 pm

I've been through my washing machine manual and can't figure this out :-? . When I select rinse as a separate program will it rinse my stuff in cold water or hot water? At the moment I am selecting cold on the temp dial just in case and I keep forgetting to turn it back afterwards, in fact I think I might have washed my nappies on the cold setting by mistake :oops:

I don't have a prewash setting unless I use the 90 Program or 50 Synthetics and some of my nappies say wash at 40 so can't use them....

Any help appreciated :)

On a good note reading my manual lead me to discover the sensitive setting, it uses more water in the rinse cycle to help wash out detergent so will be using that from now on to wash my nappies ^_^

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Silly question about rinse cycle temp

Postby ladybird » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:03 pm

I'm fairly sure my machine rinses cold, it only feels warm when washing.

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Mine is a cold rinse. I only know because I did a test run by doing a rinse cycle and feeling the washing machine door with my hand to see if it got hot :wink:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:43 pm

My old machine had a prewash function but I was never sure of what temp it was so always turned the dial down
My new one however does not have a prewash function so I just use the 30 min fast wash with the temp at zero

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:54 pm

I assumed mine was cold. Personally i's just leave it on normal if you start to get smells then you nay have to select cold. But after all the cold rince only stops smells from setting (a far as I'm awear)

My avatar
Solstice_3
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Solstice_3 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks guys :) Didn't think of checking the door!

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies