hf1

Wow, the difference 1 wash makes!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Wow, the difference 1 wash makes!

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:08 pm

My dad flooded the kitchen by accident the other day & ruined an entire box of washing powder.
So took the plunge after reading recent threads on bio/non-bio & replaced it was bio!

And 1 nappy wash later I'm gobsmacked at the difference! Very impressed!

Bye-bye fairy non-bio..... Hellllllo sparkly nappies!

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Wow, the difference 1 wash makes!

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:25 pm

I use bio for everything and have done since my dd was a baby. The switch also cleared up my eldests eczema!

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:30 pm

I made the switch recently too, and I've noticed a big difference. My eldest has eczema and there's been no difference in her skin since I swapped to bio. :wine: for sparkly nappies :lol:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:36 pm

we used to use tesco's economy bio, but switched to their own non-bio when James was born
suddenly after 2.5 years my eczema got soooo much worse it was clearly the powder as you could see sleeve marks etc
so switched to fairy non-bio, but not impressed with its ability to clean, although my eczema improved

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Welcome to the bio side! It's a sparklier place to live! I hope your skin is ok with it as mine is :D

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:13 pm

We use bio too now, I switched when Aidan was 2 as was fed up of food stains not coming out. It didn't make any difference to his ezcema either.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:33 pm

I use bio here too. I used to use fairy non bio when ethan was born then swapped over as i ran out one day and had some free samples of bold 2 in 1 and i was amazed at the difference. I haven't gone back to non bio and the kids skin is fine :-)

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:40 pm

I have two tubs of washing powder sitting in my cupboard now. The bio for the nice sparkly clean nappies and the non-bio for me. After reading everything here about bio and years of using non-bio to reduce my itchy skin I threw caution to the wind and tried bio for everything. BIG mistake, very itchy skin for me and a lovely rash until I washed everthing again. The first thing I washed in bio was my bras. Try explaining why your boobs are itchy at work :shock:

Bio is great for the nappies, just not for me :thumbsup:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:54 am

Jellybelly6 wrote:I have two tubs of washing powder sitting in my cupboard now. The bio for the nice sparkly clean nappies and the non-bio for me. After reading everything here about bio and years of using non-bio to reduce my itchy skin I threw caution to the wind and tried bio for everything. BIG mistake, very itchy skin for me and a lovely rash until I washed everthing again. The first thing I washed in bio was my bras. Try explaining why your boobs are itchy at work :shock:

Bio is great for the nappies, just not for me :thumbsup:

Try putting less powder then they recomend (about 1/2) and then an extra rinse :wink:

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies