hf1

Camping Section

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Camping Section

Postby aimeet » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 am

@ponygirl we are thinking of Cornwall or Devon, somewhere near a sandy beach and family friendly. Also access to a laundrette or a site with laundry facilities would be good.
I'm a total novice though!

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 am

Thats where we are thinking of going next! Unfortunately no experience of going there before.

I agree good laundry facilities and wash facilities are necessary with lo's. The last place we went had a bathroom with heated floors! Looked more like a hotel bathroom :thumbsup:

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:Good idea, DH and I have been talking about whether we could do it or not for our family holiday next year. I love the idea but he's not so keen.

I'd love to know how people manage with nappies while camping, and also what you do about security in the tent (how do you make sure young children don't decide to climb out of the tent in the night for example?!

totally the same things I have been thinking as we are newbies to camping!

great idea Allie

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:45 pm

We love camping! !

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 pm

emmab16 wrote:
Miss_Purple wrote:Good idea, DH and I have been talking about whether we could do it or not for our family holiday next year. I love the idea but he's not so keen.

I'd love to know how people manage with nappies while camping, and also what you do about security in the tent (how do you make sure young children don't decide to climb out of the tent in the night for example?!

totally the same things I have been thinking as we are newbies to camping!

great idea Allie

Nappies and camping - I just do as I do at home -put dirty nappies in a large wet bag. Usually I just wash when we get home but occasionally I wash them and put them on a sock airer. *whispers* or I use Eco disposables for the week :wink: :giggle:

Security in the tent- little ones are usually so exhausted from all the activity and fresh air that they sleep very well and don't escape. Most modern tents have sewn in ground sheets which means they can't just crawl out of the tent. We usually zip our little ones into their sleeping compartment and zip the zipper up higher than they can reach so they can't get out without help. To be honest, you will hear as soon as they wake up and start moving around anyway.

You really should give camping a try. There is nothing quite like the freedom and the slower pace of life. borrow some equipment so you don't have a big initial outlay. Find some friends who have more experience of camping and go with them. They will be able to help you with the basics. And it's nice to camp wit other people so the kids can play together and the adults can chat in the evening.

@emmab16 We'll be going to Sherwood Forest again with lots of other families from mums and tots in the summer, if you want to join us. J made me laugh on Friday when we were talking about camping. He really looked somewhere between not keen and horrified at the idea of camping :lol:

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:03 pm

@queen bee James is horrified by the prospect.... but then he was convinced he hated caravans too until he had to admit last year that it was way more fun in a caravan than it would have been in a hotel! I am still working on him but hoping next year we can go away & keeping it local has it's advantages too :)

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Postby MrC » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:36 pm

@Allie

I've just added it. What a super idea :)

viewforum.php?f=194

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Mr Clothmama wrote:@Allie

viewforum.php?f=194

Eek thank you I said I'd do it but forgot :doh:

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Postby MrC » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:57 pm

clothmama wrote:
Mr Clothmama wrote:@Allie

viewforum.php?f=194

Eek thank you I said I'd do it but forgot :doh:

Heehee, fancy meeting you here :) Beat you to it darling xxx

PreviousNext

Return to The Great Outdoors