hf1

Vintage Caravan Makeover

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Vintage Caravan Makeover

Postby Allie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:49 pm

I've just finished the makeover for my lovely vintage caravan. I'm really please with the results.

From this:

To this:

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Vintage Caravan Makeover

Postby queen bee » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Oh Allie! That 's fab! Have you been out in her yet? Does she need any structural refurb or is she ready to roll? Has she got a name? Have you got any more plans for the interior?

So jealous of this project. I know of 2 people who are refurbing old caravans - a project combining my two passions - crafting/sewing/fabrics and camping. Seriously considering buying an old folding camper and refurbing it. But worried about it leaking.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Ooh lovely!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:08 pm

@queen bee Thanks. She's now all ready to go. My first weekend away will be a child free weekend to Conkers Camping and Caravanning club site at Moira, Swadlincote with some caravanning friends to celebrate my 40th birthday and the new van on the 7th of February. I can't wait!

queen bee wrote:Has she got a name?

Dexter calls her Gordon but I'm not sure that's quite the right name for her :roll: :giggle:

queen bee wrote:Have you got any more plans for the interior?

The only other things planned for the van are some tablecloths, placemats and bunting. I have tons of the striped fabric left (I might have slightly over ordered :oops: ) so I'll use small amounts of that alongside some plains and florals.

queen bee wrote:Seriously considering buying an old folding camper and refurbing it. But worried about it leaking.

You should so do it, I had so much fun doing my little caravan and putting my stamp on it. So much more exciting than buying something new and modern. I don't know too much about folding campers but as long as you see one completely opened up you should be able to see any major problems and if it's damp the smell will hit you as soon as you open the door.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:58 am

Great job @Allie :thumbsup: what does the curtain holding back ribbon say (going blind!!)? I love it very fresh and clean looking and will look fab with more bits like bunting! You need a gorgeous crochet blanket now like Lucy at Attic24 has for her 'ConnieVan' :giggle:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:53 am

@clothmama, thanks I love it too. The ribbon says Sit Long, talk much, laugh often. I have borrowed a crochet blanket from Harriet for now but will have to buy one as I can't crochet :oops:

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:11 am

Looks amazing

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:14 am

Allie wrote:@clothmama, thanks I love it too. The ribbon says Sit Long, talk much, laugh often. I have borrowed a crochet blanket from Harriet for now but will have to buy one as I can't crochet :oops:

I would offer but I am coming to realise that a even a single bed size crochet blanket is a labour of love spanning at least a year :giggle:

It is seriously very easy to do Allie, would be so worth it to learn - do you know the ConnieVan blanket I am talking about?

http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2012/06/caravan-stuff-again.html

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:54 am

So lovely!

Just had to find your post and look again :giggle: @Allie as I am mentally planning ours. Sadly my start spot is not as good as yours - ours is a 1979 so not quite as old although still pretty retro (the 60's ones are so much cuter!) and we will need to strip out everything and redo the floor and walls (because we haven't got enough to do :hohoho: :hohoho: ).

Next

Return to The Great Outdoors