hf1

Garden toys for 15 month old?

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Garden toys for 15 month old?

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:04 pm

So Isla-Rose is 15 months and walking now she loves the garden I want to get her some garden toys but as an early years teacher I can see the result is going to be my garden turned into an early years outdoor environment! I've got my father in law on the case of making me a pallet mud kitchen. I also want a play house and a sand and water table for her. We have cats so need a sand table with a proper lid. I quite like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Tikes-Sand-Sea-Table/dp/B000MG11P0the Little Tikes sea and sand. I would love one like I have in my classroom (it's wooden and metal) but the cost of that is astronomical. I think the little tikes one would be ok. Then I was thinking of a second hand play house. Can anyone recommend me anything else for the garden?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Garden toys for 15 month old?

Postby ems101 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:44 pm

A wigwam or tent is a good alternative to a play house and tidys up nicely!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:30 am

Sand and water play table looks good :thumbsup:
My first reaction was to wait on the play house till she gets bigger and get a bigger one. I found mine play with them when older. that might just be my kids though!
We had/ have one of those tent and tunnel type things that was used more at toddler age for crawling in and out and in etc good for developing those gross motor skills.
I d say things like a outdoor ride on for getting on and off and putting things in and out are good. Also just things like a bucket and spade and a patch of soil always goes down well especially when you don't necessarily want her to be covered fully in mud that day.
A paint brush and a tub of water is always good fun :)

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:58 am

A rocking see saw thingy is good. Just make sure it has a seat in the middle so you don't have to constantly rock her. What about a drain pipe marble run?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:04 pm

A bike! Mine play with nothing else none of the toys :roll:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:32 pm

confusinglady wrote:A paint brush and a tub of water is always good fun :)

My kids love 'magic painting' with water and one of my big paintbrushes ;)

Chalks to draw on patio slabs are also a winner here!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:23 pm

No advice but picking up loads of great ideas for Juliet in a few months :thumbsup:

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:55 pm

She has a bike already and space hopper and tent tunnel thing. We do magic painting and bubbles already. Thanks for the ideas.

Return to The Great Outdoors